Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hot Diggity


Well our adventure has started. My parents got on a plane out of SLC at 6:55 to LAX and arrived at 8am. We met them there with no real problems. We got in the line for Emirates Airlines to go to Dubai at 1:45. The line continued to grow which made us, especially my dad, nervous. In case you didn't't know we are flying standby. Flying standby for us on Emirates cost us $400 a piece for the adults, Max was about $350 and the twins one way are about $100 including taxes. Normal confirmed tickets are roughly $1600 to $3000 a piece. Needless to say we are all about saving money. Unfortunately Emirates was full and we didn't't make it. What did look like a good option getting there changed as they are beginning every day service from LAX May 1 and started running very cheap flights to fill them and started a few days before the every day service. So we went to plan B and are flying to Washington DC to fly out of there on Ethiopian Air. They told me on the phone that the flight looks good but we will have to see. We have until May 8 to get there so we will be fine. Everyone is doing great. On the way to the airport in Phoenix Max said he was bored. I thought that was funny as we were looking at 36 more hours before we got to Addis Ababa(turns out it is going to be a few more than that). After talking to him a little I was able to understand that what he meant to say he anxious and couldn't wait to meet his brothers. I asked him as I was videoing him if he had anything to say and he said let me think about that (he thought for about 5 sec.) and said "Hot Digity". The kid cracks me up, so that is the word of the day. We are on our way. Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment