Sunday, May 10, 2009

Emails

(Received Sat May 9th from Kathi) We are having a great time.  However, the internet is very, very unreliable.  Actually it mostly won't work.  I type a letter and go to send it and I am off the internet by then.  So I am typing fast and hoping...  Everything is really super and the twins are the best.  
We will catch you up when we get there.  -


(Received Sun May 10th from Kathi)
Happy Mothers Day from Ethiopia!!
I will see if I can get this off before I am kicked off.  It is Sunday morning and Ty and Ann traveled down south on a 3 1/2 hour bus ride with the other parents to meet the family of the adoptive children. This is only a chance meeting if they are able to show up.  We are staying in Addis Ababa for the day.  However, Max threw up all night and so he is sick with a little diarrhea.  He did wake up feeling fine but I am afraid of what to feed him.  It is very different that I can't go to the cupboard or the corner store or even order something in a restaurant that would settle an unset stomach.  He is wanting something to eat and Ann told me to keep him on clear liquids but that is going to be the challenge of the day.  He is hungry so hopefully that is a sign he's feeling better.  We are anxious to get home because Fatana is not feeling well either.  Ann thinks that is where Max may have gotten it.  
 
The guest houe that we are staying in with the other families is a nice house but the electricity goes out in the city often and we are without power.  Also there is no water most of the time.  So... no flushing or showers.  I have had to sponge bath myself for three nights. e have seen things that I never would have thought I would see.  Can't wait to tell you all about them.   
  I am sure grateful for what we have.  Life is good.  
 
I Hope that all is going well at home.  I love all of you so much and am thinking of you tons.  Love and Misses,  MOM


(Received May 10th from Ty)
Angel- computers are terrible and we don't have much time.  Babies are beautiful. Happy Mother's Day

1 comment:

  1. AH - the last post from ty kills me! i can't wait to hear all about it and how they are feeling having met their babes. so happy for all of them.

    and i am glad grandma kathi is there to care for max.

    ReplyDelete